Monday, October 10, 2011

Dragonfly Lounge- Stamford Conn.

In Stamford Connecticut there is a restaurant named "The Dragonfly Lounge". It's Goth inspired dining area with dull lighting coming thru grates on the floors makes for a cool feel as you walk to your table. It serves "Small Plates" otherwise known as Tapas. The idea is to order a few per diner and share.

     The Drink- selection is vast, I had a pint of Dead Guy Rogue Ale and a Seasonal IPA that the waitress recommended- both were great but I should have had another of the IPA. 

     The Food-   Ordered the Shirazi Salad-Fresh Cucumbers, Tomatoes, Red onion all diced with field greens covered in EVOO w/lemon juice and parsley. Awesome!!!!!!!!!

Chicken Satay- Grilled perfectly over a wasabi pesto.

Kobe Beef Skewers- Holy Crap!!!! Perfectly cooked with a chili sauce that was too incredible to describe.

Fried Rice- Rivals any of my favorite Chinese take-outs joints.........

Kobe Burger- Had to see if the name "Kobe" would actually live up to its rep. God Damn, it did!!!!!!!!! ordered Med Rare and it was served as such! it came on a brioche roll with the usual Lettuce, Onion and Tomato but the cheese however was anything but usual. It was Dubliner Cheese and I'm now sold on it!!!!!

Here are a few pics of the great things that Dragonfly has to offer. You may notice that not everything I listed made it into pics but I just couldn't stop myself from eating it long enough to photograph it...............I not only recommend this place for dinner but I can't wait to find an excuse to swing back thru Stamford to try the Tuna Tacos and the Smoked Gouda Ravioli.


No comments:

Post a Comment